Monday 14 July 2014

Yummy Philadelphia Brownies | Recipe

Now when it comes to brownies, lets just say that I'm 'not a fan'. My idea of the perfect brownie, and how a brownie should always be, is for it to be gooey and uber chocolaty in the middle, but also chewy on the edges. However, I often find when eating a brownie that it doesn't satisfy most or indeed any of these areas and therefore leaves me constantly disappointed and in search of the 'perfect' brownie. So what's the secret i hear you shout...(/ask)? Well, in my opinion I'm pretty sure that it lies in the combination of cocoa powder and chocolate in the batter which really enhances the flavour once cooked, oh and of course the use of brown sugar instead of ordinary white. 

The recipe I found not only tastes as good as it looks (I mean just look at that photo... *drools*) but is relatively easy and quick too - I mean what's much better than that?! The recipe itself is from the Philadelphia website and goes by the name of 'Philly Cheesecake Brownies' (I know what you're thinking..... even the name is oooosh!). If you ask me, I would say get over to their website asap and make those bad boys or alternatively I have put the recipe down below to make it easier for you guys! - Enjoy and don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments down below!!

Oven Temp: 160°C Fan / 180°C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4
Serves: 12 portions
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes


Ingredients

125g Butter
125g Dark Chocolate
200g Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
50g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1/2tsp Baking Powder
200g Philadelphia Light
50g Caster Sugar


Method

Step 1 - Melt the butter, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan over a medium heat until the butter and chocolate has melted

Step 2 - Whisk in the eggs one by one with a hand whisk until the mixture is glossy and the egg is combined

Step 3 - Finally, pour in the flour, baking powder and cocoa until it's all combined and pour into a 18cm x 28cm tin or alternatively a big loaf tin like me and place in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes (35 for a gooier brownie and 40 for a slightly more cakey texture)

Step 4 - When cooked, take it out of the oven to cool for a couple of minutes and then serve - delicious both warm and cool!


These brownies are so soo yummy and definitely indulgent! Let me know in the comments if you give them a go (quite frankly you'd be mad not too) and what you think of them!

Speak Soon,
Harriet xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo