Tuesday 22 July 2014

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk | Review

Taking my makeup off is definitely a task for me. I hate it. It's as simple as that. Not only do I end up getting soap/face wash in my hair, but I have water running down my arms and usually onto the floor. Okay, I may have the technique a little wrong but recently I've been reaching for my simple face wipes when I really can't face going through all that trauma (just a tad dramatic hey?!). I know what you're going to say but seriously, they are a lifesaver when you want a quick fix and can't be bothered with all the faff and different products. Don't get my wrong, I do love a good face clean and mask every now and then but I really haven't found a product which does it for me and really removes all my makeup in one go - any recommendations anyone? 


So let's move on to the topic of this post - the Clinique 'take the day off cleansing milk'. Now I had heard a few things about this product with people absolutely loving it to people who said it was average but did remove their makeup. However, after thinking of treating myself after Christmas to some higher end skincare products and splashing out £19 for a bottle, I was left slightly disappointed by the results. It only partially took some of my makeup off and left loads still visible on the skin - especially around the nose area. After a couple of washes however, it does seem to take the majority of the product off of my face however does leave me reaching for a seperate face wash to remove the rest. You've been using it wrong I hear you saying but no. I've massaged it on a damp face, on a dry face, putting it on cotton pads and even on a wet flannel and giving it a good scrub but none completely removes it in one. Okay maybe I'm missing the point - is it designed to just take the majority off and then be followed by a cleanser? (let me know below)!

On another note, this product isn't an all rounder. It's just for the face and shouldn't be used around the eye area which means you have to buy another product especially for taking your eye makeup off. Not ridiculous but definitely annoying for me who likes an all-in-one such as a simple face wipe. For me, the overall product does semi do what it says on the bottle but I was expecting more for the price. My makeup does come off but it's not a quite fix and I have found that my Clean&Clear face washes (review here) do a much much better job of taking off my makeup than this Clinique product specially designed for taking makeup off. Overall verdict - why not give it a go if you're feeling a splurge but don't expect wonders.


Have you tried this product? If so, what did you think of it? If you ask me, I would definitely look into the products more and even get a tester/sample if they have one to try. You don't want to splash out on something you think is going to be good to find out it's pretty rubbish!

Speak soon,
Harriet xo


8 comments :

  1. Oh what a pain! Always a shame when it's a bit pricey. I'm such a face wipe addict - so quick and easy x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very annoying! Ah I am such a convert.. I never used to use them but I just love the simple ones - so quick and easy x

      Delete
  2. I've tried every product under the sun and ALWAYS end up going back to the original Dove Beauty Bar - just their regular old bar soap. It takes off all my makeup, leaves my skin feeling fresh and not dry at all. im always so nervous to try HE face cleansing products, especially with how fast we tend to go through them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good - I will definitely give it a go! Exactly, especially when they are the same if not similar to drugstore alternatives

      Delete
  3. Love the packaging! Shame you didn't enjoy the product!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is so so nice - such a shame!! x

      Delete
  4. Hi there! Lovely post! I use the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm (which is in the same range as this one!) and it it works wonders, especially for all your eye makeup! I'll never be without mine, so I hope this helps!

    I did a review over on my blog: www.talknineteentoadozen.blogspot.com

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to give that one a go especially if it tackles eye makeup too! :) x

      Delete

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo