Friday 9 May 2014

The Skin Saviour Duo | Clean&Clear

A couple of weeks ago I had a bout of bad skin and I wasn't really sure where it came from. I've been a little (to say the least) stressed, yes (A Level trauma to blame) but I had been eating reasonably healthily, so I knew I had to do something by sprucing up my pretty much non-existent skin care regime. This is where the Clean and Clear range came back into my life.


As a pretty much day-to-day wearer of makeup I know that it is important to cleanse and clean my face properly in the morning and evening, but I couldn't bring myself to branch out completely and invest in a whole skin care routine. At Christmas time, I decided to have a little splurge and buy the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk but I've found that it isn't all that effective. Now I may be using it wrong (please comment below if I am), but I only really find that the makeup comes off if I also scrub my face with a flannel/cloth whilst it's on my face - probably not the best method! Having said that however, I still use it as the first step when it comes to taking my makeup off. 

At this point I knew it was time to introduce some new products as well as repurchasing my old favourites - the Clean and Clear Deep Action Oil-Free Cream Wash£3.50- to add to my regime. When browsing the shelves in Superdrug, I noticed that they have a 2 for £5 deal on most of the Clean and Clear range, so thought I'd also give the Exfoliating Daily Wash£2.99 (saving me around £1.50) a go too as I cannot remember the last time I gave my face a good exfoliation - oops!! I now use both of these products in the morning and evening and have noticed a real difference since starting this - my skin feels clean and smooth, and has really cleared up my complexion (thank god)! You may think using the exfoliate twice a day is a little extreme but they do advice using it both in the morning and evening on the back of the bottle also, the grains are quite small and gentle so don't feel as if they are taking a layer of skin off with them.

Overall I would say that they are great, affordable skin care products which really do work! Although they didn't completely clear up my skin, they did make in a lot lot better! They have such a wide range from blackhead exfoliate washes to shine control washes and much much more - there's something for everyone. If you haven't tried them before I would definitely recommend giving them a go as you won't be disappointed.


Have you tried the Clean and Clear range before? Let me know down below,

Love,
Harriet xo


2 comments :

  1. Hi, I love your blog and have nominated it for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on my blog :)
    Miarara x
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/tag-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's so kind of you :) x

      Delete

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo