Friday 2 May 2014

Battle of The Drugstore Foundations

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently, I'm in the last year of my A Levels and the pressure is tacking it's toll to say the least! I love blogging but it seem as though I have hardly any time to take pictures and write up posts! I am however going to try and still post at least once a week to keep the flow going a little and will be back to in no time at all, writing as usual!

L'Oreal True Match, Bourjois 1,2,3 Perfect CC Cream, Rimmel Match Perfection

Finding the right foundation can be, as we all know, very tricky with so many factors to consider - durability, coverage, finish, feel etc etc! It can be a lengthy process especially when you don't know where to start. I've definitely gone through a fair few in order to find the foundation and think that I've finally found one which I am pretty happy with (keep reading to find out which one it is). I just want to point out that my skin type is normal/dry so bear that in mind when reading my opinions, enjoy!

First up is the Bourjois 1,2,3 Perfect CC Cream which I have in the shade 31 Ivory. Although this isn't technically a foundation, it does provide light coverage which really evens out the complexion. I find that when my skin is good, this is my go-to light base as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and gives that little bit of confidence. After around 4 hours wear, I find that it can start to sit a little unnaturally on my skin and separate a little if I'm not wearing primer. However if I am wearing primer, it lasts a good 6 hours! The only other downside with this is the colour range which only consists of 4 shades.

Coverage: Light/semi-medium
Durability: around 4hours (without primer) 
Price: £9.99
Rating: 3/5

The next foundation is a relatively new find and a great one! The L'OrĂ©al True Match Foundation is quite runny in consistency but glides onto the skin nicely with either fingers or a brush, drying to a semi-matte but not too matte (does that make sense?) finish. Although I've only had this foundation for just over a week (I got it because my skin wasn't behaving and gosh it's been a lifesaver!!), I'm finding that it lasts a lot longer on my face than the other bases mentioned and provides a nice natural finish. So far, I haven't found it separating on my face throughout the day (phew) but do prefer it if I have a little bit of primer on down the centre on my face. I have the shade W1 and find that it suits my skin tone quite well but would question if it's my 'true match'. Having said this, they had limited testers in the shop and this one was true enough. Overall I'm really loving this foundation and really think that it's well worth it for only £9.99! 

Coverage: Medium (but buildable to heavy)
Durability: around 5hours (without primer) 
Price: £9.99
Rating: 4/5

The last foundation is the Rimmel Match Perfection which I have in the shade 100 Ivory. I've had this for around 4months now and got it due to all the hype surrounding it. I have to admit, I was definitely not a fan when I first bought it but now find as the weather is starting to get cooler, it is the perfect base.. I find that it goes onto my skin very nicely and seems to last pretty much all day. On the other hand I do find myself having to top up on powder half way through the day to dampen the shine. However, if I mix a pump of this with a squeeze of the Bourjois 1,2,3 CC Cream, it creates a really nice consistency on my skin and doesn't tend to go shiny. 

Coverage: Medium 
Durability: around 10hours (without primer and top up on powder) 
Price: £6.99
Rating: 4.5/5

What is your favourite drugstore foundation? Let me know in the comments below!

Love,
Harriet xo


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo