Sunday 6 April 2014

March Favourites


Hi everyone! It's the beginning of April which means it's time for my favourites of the month - only a week late but hey, better late than never right..? My life has been quite hectic for the last couple of weeks and the changing of the month almost completely past me by. I just cannot believe it's nearly the second week of April already! Last month I discovered a few new products which I've completely fallen in love with and others which have resurfaced from my unorganised makeup stash (I cannot wait to order some Muji Acrylic draws). This post will be a mixture of favourites from beauty to TV, Food/drink to hair - so lets get started!


Makeup First up is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in 51 Ivory and I can't  get enough of this stuff. I can sometimes have quite pink skin and this is perfect for giving me a more even skin tone without having to pile foundation on. Another pro point is that is gives my face a bit of a glow and brightened look which is perfect for the Spring/Summer time.

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm in the flavour pomegranate (if you can call it that)! This has been my saviour in the last couple of days as my lips have been quite dry. After wearing this for only half a day I could already see the effects. My lips were smoother and felt like they had had a little bit of a pamper. What's also great is that it isn't sticky when you put it on which I found was the case with the Carmex Lime Twist.
 
Hair
Vo5 Smoothly Does It Tame and Shine Spray. You know when you have just dried your hair and it can seem really fluffy and dull looking? Well this is your answer. You simply spray a little in a brush (I recommend a different to your normal one) and take it through the lengths and tops of your hair. By doing this, it returns a bit of shine and a luxurious feel to your hair (oh so soft) and just helps to tame it into the style you what - my real life saver! What's more, is that it's also heat defence which is perfect for when you want to style your hair and want to protect you hair just that little bit more.

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Shampoo This is such a gem. My mum has used this shampoo for years and has always had great results when using it, so I thought I'd give it a go. I was excited to try it as my hair tends to be quite flat and lifeless and due to the fact that my hair is mid length and mum mum's is short, so was quite intrigued to see the results. I found that it gave me lots more volume through the lengths which is exactly what I was looking for as it just added a bit more life into my hair. If you're looking for volume, I would definitely recommend this as you won't be disappointed! (NOTE: they now have different packaging for their range of hair products!)

TV
Now when it comes to TV I'm quite fussy and have quite an odd taste in programmes - Mary Berry Cooks, The Musketeers, KUWTK (how can you not?) and way more!

Marvels Agent of Shield - it's an American Action/Drama/Sci-Fi TV series, where a team of 'S.H.I.E.L.D' agents handle strange new cases (usually involving lots of baddies and guns) whereby they work together to try and save the world from supernatural events. I've been really into this ever since it aired on UK tv on channel 4 - I especially love the characters Skye, Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz. Definitely recommend giving this a watch on catch up if you get the time!

The Tomorrow People - This again is a US Drama/Sci-Fi TV Series, where the 'Tomorrow People' have special powers which enables them to communicate through telepathy and transport themselves (which they call'Jaunting'). They battle the bad people on earth whilst running from Ultra - an anti-telepath genetic cleansing organisation which use other tomorrow people to hunt down others in order to 'neautralise' and kill them. It's all rather gripping and is definitely not short of drama and adventure. PLUS the main character Stephen is pretty fine looking! (take a look below!)
Source

Both of these series are great and I would definitely recommend checking them out as my synopsises probably don't do them justice - oops!

Food/Drink
Mmmm, my favourite category.

Almond Milk, Sweetened - I never thought I'd find myself drinking this as I really like the taste of normal cows milk. However, everyone was really hyped up about this so I thought I should give it a go. For me it tastes like weetabix with a subtle almond hint is it surprisingly rather good! I love mixing this with water when making my porridge in the morning, as it sweetens it ever so slightly without me having to add a couple of teaspoons of sugar.

Greek Yogurt. oooo I love Greek Yogurt! This month I've found myself loving this even more than usual. Once my porridge is made, I mix in a large tablespoon of the yogurt to give it a more luxurious and interesting taste and it's supposed to be really good for you - a real win-win!



What were your most loved things from last month? Let me know in the comments below!
Unfortunately I'm only going to be able to post as much as I like on here for the next couple of months due to my A Level exams getting closer and closer (ahhhh), so I hope you guys stick around and I'll try and get as many posts posted as possible!

Love,
Harriet xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo